Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Parking at DIA

I'm in the Seattle area for the next couple days on business. My flight back on Thursday night doesn't get into Denver until after 11PM, so I decided to take my own car and park in the garage. Being able to walk out to my car instead of waiting for a shuttle to the rental car dealers means a much quicker departure.

I couldn't believe it when I got to the airport and found out that *both* garages AND *both* economy lots were full. I'll have to check their web site later, but I heard that they had the garages largely closed for maintenance. It also looks like that may be building another garage. I ended up parking in the Pike's Peak shuttle lot. It never ceases to amaze me how full the parking lots at DIA are in general. Even in the middle of the week in a non-holiday season the economy lots are nearly full.

Just to give you some indication of how this trip is going, here is what else is happening:
  • I forgot to do my online checking last night. When I did it before leaving home, I was stuck with a middle seat on this completely full flight

  • In the window seat is a mom with her small child on her lap who frequently likes to reach over and smack my keyboard. Special thanks to my Etymotic headphones for blocking out all the noise while I watched some World Rally action on my laptop.

  • My back is jacked. I was hooking up some sprinklers for our new trees on Monday and I must of tweaked it funny. This airplane seat isn't helping.


I'll try to make up for the hassle by finding a *really* nice place to eat tomorrow. I'm open to sugestions from the PNW'ers.

6 comments:

  1. What kind of food?
    There are several good thai restaurants by the space needle but I like Phuket
    Breakfast at the 5 spot also in the Queen Anne neighborhood.
    Snobby Seattle cafe scene (in my favorite kind of way) combined with people watching is on the way up to the Capitol Hill neighborhood at Bauhaus. The Broadway Grill in Capitol Hill is a landmark and the food is quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too lazy to fix my link :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you staying? That would help me suggest.
    If you want *really* nice you might want to try Daniel's Broiler down on Lake Union. There are lots of swanky places down on 1st Ave too. I don't usually get to dine at the swankier places. Lindychef would probably have the best suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm staying at the Sheraton in downtown Tacoma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Tacoma is a whole different city then Seattle. ;-)
    I don't know much about places to eat down there. My bf lives there and could probably help if he wasn't sleeping. We did eat at a really nice place on the waterfront for V-times day last year, but I can't remember what it is called. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seattle? If you were to come across some Market Spice tea bags (regular, not decaf), I'd very happily reimburse you...
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete