Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mad Cow Classic

Christine and I are leaving tomorrow morning for Grand Junction and the Mad Cow Classic road race. It's turned into a yearly tradition for as this will be our third year in a row. I've always had a good time doing the race, so this year I planned my training schedule around it. I'm in great shape right now, despite the lack of racing miles in my legs this year. The race organizer has also thrown me for a loop this year by screwing up the racing groups. Long story short, I'll be racing with cat 3's and the 35+ open group. Let me translate: The 3's are one category up from me. The 35+'s are generally former 1's and 2's who no longer have the time to train that much. In other words, it's going to be a pretty hard race against those guys. It's going to be awfully embarrassing for them when I beat them across the line. :)

3 comments:

  1. So you'll bring home a huge money purse and lots of swag.... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you know those huge Cat 4 prize lists. :) The Fruita Fat Tire Fetival is this weekend to, so we can party it up with the MTB'ers after the race tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a fun weekend (with 3 hours of suffering mixed in).

    ReplyDelete