Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Web Photo Albums

I'm looking for a utility to create a web ready photo album of a bunch of pictures. I just want to feed it a bunch of pictures and have it create thumbnails and web pages for easy navigation. I see the Livia has used Web Album Generator, but I'm curious to know if anyone has tried other ones. Ideally, it would be great if my image viewer (usually ACDSee) would do this for me. Maybe it already does and I don't realize it. I honestly haven't messed with too many photo album programs on my computer.

The goal here is to put up our wedding photos quickly for our friends and family to view. Eventually we'll sort through them and add titles and comments before reposting the pictures.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what else is out there.
    Sincerely, The Livia

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past I've done this using Picasa, but for that you have to have a web page to post it on, but it's free, easy and customizable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I searched around and found that http://flickr.com/ was the one that did everything that I needed it to do:

    Easy to upload
    Password protected, if I so choose
    Inexpensive

    It's $24 for a year or two and up to 2Gb of uploading per month. No download limits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Flickr: easy sharing with friends, tagging, client side upload/resize utiliity. The reason I'm avoiding using Flickr is that I already pay for plenty of web space to meet my needs so I'd like to avoid paying for more space.
    I think one of the online albums creators I've tried will work fine for me. I could also run Gallery on our web site, but that has proven to take more time than I'm willing to invest right now.

    ReplyDelete