Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wheels

My favorite bike shop loaned me some $2500 Bontrager XXX Lite carbon wheels. What were they thinking. *grin*




For the weight weenies (John), they're 1350g, which is about 400g lighter than my current Race Lite's. Next I'm hoping to try the Rolf Vigors which are still light (1470g), but a little more aero.

Of course, it's a rainy weekend, which makes for poor wheel testing conditions.

While that may look like a pretty boring picture, take a close look. Those are puddles forming in my yard from rain. It never rains hard or long enough for puddles to form around here. I was amazed.

3 comments:

  1. I was remarking on our 10 day rained out climb/camp trip that I almost never see puddles on the dirt in Colorado. On pavement, sure, but not on dirt.
    Except when I take trips...or plan parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a pure lightweight perspective, I think Dave's (?) Dream Wheels are about 1400g built with Chris King hubs (CK ROCKS!) and they're only about $500. These Bonts are pretty though. Looks like the spokes go right into the hub without a flange? How amazingly unserviceable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were thinking... 'Maybe we can get him to want one badly enough to buy it'
    ;)

    ReplyDelete