Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Emeril

There are some shows on the Food Network that I like, and then there's the ones that just make me laugh. Emeril Live falls in the latter category. The guy get's an applause break for *everything*. "Kick it up a notch" - Applause break. Add some "gah-lic" to something - Applause break. Do anything with alcohol (just mentioning alcohol is adequate) - Applause break. If you played a drinking game where you took a shot for every applause break, you'd have alcohol poisoning before the show is half over. The audience must leave that show with swollen, bruised hands from all the clapping.

4 comments:

  1. BAM!
    Did you just get food network or something? That toolbox has been doing that crap for years. "Oh yeah babe, let's kick up another notch. BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!" Even Jordan thinks he's a wanker (paraphrasing). Food Network has some good shows (Alton Brown, Iron Chef (Japan, not the yankee knock-off), Martha Stewart (just kidding), but that bag of donuts isn't one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audience? They have trained monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand to watch this guy. Drives me up the wall.
    I seriously wonder if the producers have guns to the back each audience member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: BAM!
    Another person I could do without is Paula Dean. Okay, we get it. You're from the south. Please, stop butting 5 pounds of butter and bacon fat in everything. And I'm still trying to figure out why that hack Bobby Flay is on so many shows. Earlier this week he was a guest host with Emeril. Worst. Show. Ever.
    I've never gotten too into the Iron Chef. I watch the American version occasionally, but rarely the Japanese one. I like to watch Alton Brown, and I'm glad Good Eats is on every day of the week.
    I wonder how I can get tickets to see Emeril Live. I would love to go and heckle.

    ReplyDelete