Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Yum

One of the things I like about traveling for work is the food. I'm forced to eat out so I try to find some nice restaurants, and San Jose doesn't l let me down.

I found the Faultline Brewing Copmany the first time I came out last year, and it's since been a required stop for me. They brew several really good beers, and their food never fails to please me. Check it out if you're in town.

Today I tried a French place called Emile's. My plan was to not have seafood today, but when they told me the daily special was macadamia encrusted halibut I couldn't refuse. It was a pretty small portion so I didn't feel guilty about ordering dessert, and boy was that the right decision. I had an almond tuille with house made vanilla ice cream, garnished with fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and a rhubarb and strawberry compote. It was placed on a plate with passion fruit and raspberry sauce, where the raspberry sauce was swirled into the passion fruit sauce in what looked like a fractal pattern. Super cool, and extremely yummy! (And the Medeira wine I had with it wasn't too shabby either.)

2 comments: