Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bucket

Yesterday was a very tough day around the house. We had to say goodbye to Christine's long time best friend, companion, and pet, Bucket.

Ever since Christine rescued him from the Humane Society, he's led the best life a dog could ask for. Christine was as good a dog parent as there ever was. From lifesaving bloat surgery to joint replacement surgery, money was never an object when it came to getting the best care possible for Bucket.

He was such a loving and playful dog. There's so many things I'm going to miss: I loved the little "grumble" sounds he would make when he enjoyed the attention you were giving him. I loved the way he would get all excited about walks, and carry his own leash. I loved how he would sleep in our walk-in closet like it was his own little bedroom. Even up to his last day, he still loved to play catch with the tennis ball.

He had a good last day with lots of loving, peanut butter filled bones, and a steak dinner. He will be greatly missed.




4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear it. :( It's so nice that he could have a happy last day and that you could say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sniffle sniffle*
    Lots of hugs to you both. Thanks for giving him such a great life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so hard but it always helps me to know that my doggie was really happy all its life.

    ReplyDelete