Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's been quite a while since I updated my LJ. But since my life isn't all that interesting, I don't think anyone has minded. :)

The Bike: Racing season is starting up. I've been doing a lot of training. Not as much as I like, but still more than I feel like I have time for. So far I've done 2 races, with not much in the way of results. The first race (Koppenburg) stunk because of all the wind. The second race was pretty fun even though I got dropped 25 miles into the race. I learned some good things about what I need to work on, and that's always good. This weekend Christine and I are going to a race in Grand Junction. We did the same race last year and had some fun, so we decided to come back. It's also a good excuse to get away for a bit. We took Friday off so we could stop at Hanging Lake along the way and do a quick hike.

The Car: I hit a piece of a 2x4 on the highway that someone in front of me ran over and kicked up. It knocked out a grill piece that I've already replaced 2 times. It also took off some paint on the bumper, but nothing major. It's just annoying that someone left a 2x4 on the highway.

The Motorcycle: I'm trying to modify the bike to make it low enough for Christine to ride it. As it is right now, she can't touch the ground when sits on it. I just finished making a new seat that's a little lower and narrower. It's not going to be enough to make it ridable for her, but it will help. I've also ordered some pieces that will lower the bike up to 4".

The Wedding: Still planning. We've got a lot of the details figured out, but there's always more. Our website will hopefully be up soon with useful information.

1 comment: