Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Technology

I broke the LCD screen on my Canon SD400 camera when we went on the yurt trip in February. Apparently it's a common failure, especially in the cold. The camera is only 6 or 7 months old, so I contacted Canon and they had me send it in so they could see if it was warranty-able. I just checked my junk email account (I didn't want them to spam my normal account), and it looks like they repaired it and shipped it yesterday. And since my junkmail account is on Gmail, when they emailed me the FedEx tracking number, a link for the FedEx tracking site showed up on the right margin of the screen. How super convenient.

5 comments:

  1. Dude! I never look over at the adverts. You're right. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Convenient and I would rather be advertised to about things I'm interested in...yet still, strangely creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, why do you use gmail for your junk mail account? That is the one I'm trying to keep squeeky clean.
    But yay, that is cool, sometimes those adverts are really helpful. At least they are relative to my life 60% of the time instead of all those lame dating site ones on hotmail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have multiple Gmail accounts. I use one account for when I need to put an email address on something that I'm reasonably sure will produce spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotcha, I didn't realize you could get multiple gmail accounts.
    Fun.

    ReplyDelete