Monday, February 20, 2006

Olympics

I've been enjoying watching the Olympics lately, and one of the great things about the games is that I can watch curling. I know it's probably not the most exciting sport in the world to most people, but there's something interesting about the strategy involved and the slow deliberate nature. Growing up I used to catch a curling match occasionally on a Canadian channel, but aside from the occasional match on ESPN2 that I'll accidentally stumble upon the Olympics are one of the few times I see it on American TV.

I would have to say the worst thing about the Olympic coverage is ice dancing. Enough already. I have no idea why this is an Olympic event. Of course, you could probably say the same thing for curling (which pretty much equates to Canadian bowling).

1 comment:

  1. Ice dancing is pairs on barbituates and should be abolished.

    ReplyDelete