Sunday, December 25, 2005

First ride with the new team

The road team at Peloton last year was only 5 people strong (including me). Of those other 4 racers, two of them have switched teams, and one of them quit racing. Since it doesn't really seem like Peloton is excited about sponsoring a team this year, I'm going to join two old teammates and race with BlueSky Velo out of Longmont. Saturday was my first chance to ride with some of the new teammates.

It's a little weird to drive all the way down to Longmont in order to ride, but I figured it was a good chance to ride with some new people before they get too fast for me later in the season. :) We rode from the shop to Masonville and back with a nice side trip through Eden Valley. Eden Valley is a cool area south and west of Horsetooth, and the reservoir back there was a smooth as glass as we rode by. It was awesome.

It turns out that one of the riders (Lee) is from Rochester, and now works the same place as netski55. One of the other riders is from Toledo (my home town). Small world.

I love that I can do a 60 mile ride outside at the end of December. Colorado rules.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I knew Lee rode a lot, but I didnt' know he was on a team. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorado rules
    Indeed. I climbed at Shelf Road Dec 23 and 26th in 60F weather.

    ReplyDelete