Sunday, August 21, 2005

Lance Armstrong - 24-hour Fitness

I took a half day yesterday to go check out Lance Armstrong and the new 24-Hour Fitness that bears his name.  It's a pretty nice place, but too bad there's not one in Fort Collins.  Any of their attempts to sell me on a membership were easily thwarted.

I got there at about 2:30 and there weren't all that many people there yet.  (Lance was supposed to be there 4-6).  The people that were seated in front of the stage in the first row had been there since noon, so I'm glad I didn't waste too much time getting there earlier.  Lance was supposed to show up around 4, do TV interviews until 5:30, and then talk to the masses, so I was in for a little bit of a wait.  Glad I brought a book (an exciting one about DOS programming no less).

By the time Lance got on the stage there were a TON of people.  They even had a TV screen set up outside for the overflow.  He spent 30-40 minutes talking about this year's Tour, and narrating some photographs from July.  I always enjoy hearing him talk about cycling, and there were plenty of tidbits that weren't covered in the usual TV interviews.

Here's Lance doing a little narration with Team Discovery staff member Dan Osipow


Lance took a spill on his first ride after retirement and has this bandaid to show for it:


Another shot of Lance in his casual-wear:

2 comments:

  1. Did you get a DNA sample of Lance for your cloned child? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you. I know you must have enjoyed inhaling his pheromones ;)

    ReplyDelete