Thursday, July 28, 2005

Winter Park Mountain Bike Race

I did my second mountain bike race last weekend. It went pretty well, but I made a stupid mistake that probably caused me a podium spot. My tires slid out from under me on a pretty easy section. It wasn't very major, but the crash caused my seat to loosen up. The whole rest of the race I had to deal with the tilt of my seat constantly changing. Of course it had to tilt in the most uncomfortable way and I was constantly riding with the nose of my saddle pressed against some sensitive areas. I ended up coming in 5th, but I know that the time I lost due to my saddle issue cost me some significant time. I also have suspension envy. I was so jealous as I watch people on front of me easily pedal over boulders while I was bouncing all over the place.

1 comment: