Monday, June 13, 2005

Flagstaff Mountain

Saturday Christine and I met up with Nat and Carolyn in Boulder to do some bike riding. I rode my bike down while Christine drove down with her bike in the car and we miraculously managed to get to Nat's house within minutes of each other. We're good. From Nat's we headed uphill and tackled Flagstaff mountain. Distance-wise it's a pretty short ride, but it's a real leg burner with grades reaching 15% at times. I'm very happy to say the Christine did an awesome job and powered her way up it. After that, the Triple Bypass will be a piece of cake. :)

FYI - Christine and I signed up to ride the Triple Bypass this year. It's a 120 mile ride with 10, 310 feet of climbing! I'm pretty sure there are places to park on the road, so feel free to come by and watch us suffer (and maybe shout some words of encouragement).

Next on the schedule is the Hugo Road Race, where Christine and I will again attempt to win the non-existent couples division.

3 comments:

  1. Because we have so many of y'all doing it...we need a post-party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! We can have the post-party at my place...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Ryan meant when he said that I "powered" my way up was actually "pedaled, very slowly, most of the time in lowest gear".

    ReplyDelete