Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hooray!

Lot's of good stuff happened lately:

After several months of nagging, my boss finally said I could order a new laptop. The straw that finally broke him was when I told him that the new engineer (who had been there only a day) already had a new laptop while I was still using one that was grossly underpowered and frequently crashed. Now I've got a super cool new HP NW8240, with the new Pentium Mobile 533 MHz FSB CPU, 802.11/b/g, 15.4" display, blah blah blah.

Christine found someone to rent her town home. We hadn't been getting any calls so Christine was going to lower the price after this weekend. Low and behold she got a few calls, and someone signed a lease today. That a HUGE relief, because now we're not paying for to places.

My roommate finally found someplace to move. When Christine moved in I told my roommate that she was going to have to move out, but I didn't give her a firm date because I wanted her to be able to find a good place for her and her dog. As we've been moving more and more of Christine's stuff into our house it's been getting crowded, and we've been growing increasingly annoyed at my roommate's clutter. Shannon told us today that she found someplace to live. She won't be moving in until July 1st, but at least there's an end in sight.

In fashion news, I got some cool new Keen sandals. They're pretty, please to be explaining, keen. I think they'll be great for my raft trip at the end of the summer.

2 comments:

  1. keens...much sexier than crocs...mine:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to get these Crocs before my next visit to your house:

    The thing I don't get about Crocs is their cost. I don't see how they can charge $30 for molded foam. If they were as cheap as they ought to be, I might actually try them out.

    ReplyDelete