Friday, May 20, 2005

A fun day for Kuzca

Yesterday I took Kuzca to the vet for her annual checkup and vaccines.  When she was a puppy she didn't mind the vet.  She enjoyed seeing the new people and having the touch her, but lately she acts horrified.  I'm not sure why the switch in behavior, but now she tries to hide under chairs in the vet's office.  It's quite sad really.  She was in for a double shot of horror yesterday though. 

At her noon appointment she got a kennel cough vaccine and a giardia vaccine.  When I got home last night around 9 her face looked all funny, as if she had a serious case of bed head.  Then I saw her really itching her head and it was obvious she was having a reaction to something.  Fortunately there's a 24 hour clinic a couple miles down the road, so we cruised over there to have them check it out.  After two vet trips in a row, I don't know if Kuzca will ever want to get in the car again.  :)  They figured she was having a reaction to the giardia shot and they gave her cortisone and benadryl shots.  She actually started looking better as we sat in the office, so that was a big relief.  This morning she looked back to normal, but I still have some benadryl to give her for the next few days.  I'm glad it was nothing too major.

I'll try to erase her past two car rides with another one tomorrow, but this time we'll going camping instead of visiting the vet.  I think she'll forgive me.

6 comments:

  1. Poor baby. I'm glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Shana said! Poor little pookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet puppy. I wonder why they change their attitude toward the vet though. I'm glad she's better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor dog. I hope she forgives you. Blame it all on Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much. And she thoroughly enjoyed camping.

    ReplyDelete