Friday, October 1, 2004

Return of the Uber Golf

Finally I have my R32 back!  Total days from accident to completed repair: 44.  FORTY-FOUR!!!

That 44 days includes :
    14 days of the car sitting at the dealership gathering dust while waiting for parts to arrive
    14 days with the parts in stock but the mechanic being unable to work on the car
    5 days waiting for a new rear side window to arrive

The side window thing is screwey.  In order to do the job properly, they needed to remove the window.  For some reason on these windows, removing them means that you have to put in a completely new window.  I can believe that you'd need a new rubber seal, but not a new window.  I find myself wondering why, in the previous month when the car was sitting at the dealership, didn't someone order a damn window?  And why did the body shop remove my old window (rendering my car pretty useless) without having the replacement parts on hand?

But I'm just glad to have my car back.  It's time to drive.

1 comment:

  1. Can you let me know when you will be driving so I can stay off the road :)

    ReplyDelete