Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Holy sh!t, Qwest finally credited me.

The backstory:  When I moved into my house in February of 2002 Qwest told me I could get DSL including 2 free months of MSN as my ISP.  Wow, what a deal!  Well it turns out that DSL wasn't actually available, so they canceled my order (without telling my BTW).  What they didn't cancel, however, was my subscription to MSN.  So, after the 2 month free trial period they started billing me for MSN (which I couldn't use).  For a long time after that I called them monthly and frequently got bounced around between Qwest and MSN people with everyone pointing fingers at each other.  Eventually I just got sick of calling and I stopped.  Ever since then I've had a charge of $43.90 that has carried over from bill to bill.

Now DSL is available at my house and I decided I wanted to get it, but before I signed up I wanted to get this old issue fixed, because I figured it would only complicate issues down the road.  So I call up today and voila, the very first person I talked to credited my account.  Granted, I haven't actually seen the credit, but I'm going on faith right now that they fixed this mess.  Plus I have the name and direct extension of the person who did the work, so I can call and harass them.

By next Wednesday I'll be cruising at high speed again.  Yee-haw!  Qwest has been taken off my shit list (for now).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they're on my hit list. They just called me up last week saying I have an unpaid balance of over $200 from August. Of 2003.
    They're going down, man!

    ReplyDelete