Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I'm a loser

I just realized that it's been quite a while since I last updated this thing.  Is my life really that boring?  Possibly.

Last weekend I went on a 58 mile ride.  I've done the ride before, and I thought for sure it'd be no problem.  I underestimated how difficult it was, and it really kicked my butt.  For ease of riding, I'd much rather do the 80 mile Estes Park loop than that 58 mile Rist Canyon loop.

Another recent highlight was yet another letter from the HOA.  They sent me one a couple weeks ago that said I needed to do something about the weeds in my lawn.  So I went out, not once, but twice, to pull the weeds.  AND I'm having a lawn company come out and put down some weed killer.  So you can imagine how annoying it is when they send me a letter telling me that I didn't take care of the problem, so they're going to fine.  Ummm....I don't think so.  I'm still waiting for them to return my message where I told them they were full of shit.  More to follow, I'm sure, because dealing with the HOA is never simple or fun.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh...I'm so glad to not have an HOA...we have an Architectural Association that essentially only deals with the bare bones minimums: you can't paint your house purple and your garage pink, you can't have 7 broken down cars out front, etc. And they even suggest native landscaping as preferable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate HOA's... and I've heard they always win. They can sell your house if you don't pay your fees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOA's are the devil. Small minded idiots can make your life hell? Why? Well, they may not like your dogs. Or they may not like your face. It doesn't matter. HOAs have driven more people out of neighborhoods. Not very neighborly are they?

    ReplyDelete